Friday, March 25, 2011

I'll Give It a Second Chance

It isn't that I'm obsessive... Ok I'm obsessive. I just couldn't sleep at night knowing that I had just gave up on a show that exhilarated me so much just because of what others had told me. This is the sort of thing that makes me wish I had started watching Heroes when it first aired--back when nobody knew what the future of the show held. People just watched the show and discovered, together, what was in store for them. That is when people formed opinions based on what they saw, not what the rumors told them. This is what I have decided to do.

I started the 2nd season of Heroes last night. I am now 3 episodes in. So far, it has it's ups and downs. They have introduced some new characters of whom I am not sure to invest interest in or not. Only time will tell. They have put a spotlight on the "elders" now, although I have yet to find out what their powers are. I am a little let down that they have killed off Sulu...aka Hiro's father. They should have killed off Madame Petrelli because in all honesty, she is a little too manipulative for my taste. She really just gives me the creeps. It was revealed that Madame and Sulu had a relationship of some sort in the past. I wonder if she is Hiro's mother? That would be...interesting.

My boyfriend and I stayed up last night watching and theorizing. We tried to guess what was up with Nathan's reflection and how Peter managed to get himself a haircut. A lot of the reveals, such as Molly's nightmare man being Matt's father, were very predictable. I had managed to guess many things throughout the show that turned out to be right, but that is not to devalue their...coolness.

I do miss the Hiro and Ando duo. They were spectacular together. It is exciting to think that Hiro's childhood idol turns out to be of his own making. The premise is cool, but I am really just looking forward to Hiro getting back to the present day. 17th century Japan just doesn't thrill me too much.

One more note. Children from ages 10 to 12 should never be cast in a television show that is going to have them be the same age from season to season. Micah was looking a bit older than he did only a few months ago. The same thing happened to Walt in Lost. He was 10. He was gone for a while, but only for a few weeks in Lost time. In reality, the actor had aged and it was just not believable. They had to write him out of the show. That said, I have a feeling that Micah may suffer the same fate. I guess we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment